Sunday, November 18, 2007

Busy

So the WFR course is done, Pretty awesome - highly recommend it for anyone that does practically anything outside. There were countless times during the course that I was like - "shit I wish I knew that when that happened..." Head injuries, spinal assessments, shock, Epi, the list goes on. The scenarios were pretty amazing, some of the group would be "patients" and the rest would be responders. The first was the most intense, car wreck with no seatbelts, combined with a violent drunk and a sledding accident - all at the same time in the ER nature center parking lot. I ended up with the severe brain & spine injury and got puked on with a granola tuna mixture. Chaos, smoke bomb under the car, 10 degree temps in the snow at night.. couldent get more real.

Anyway to keep with the busy streak I'm getting long awaited knee surgery tomorrow. This has been seven years in the making when I first injured it during the 2000 Montezumas revenge in Colorado, then finally really inflamed it during the 2005 Alaska Ultra Sport Race to McGrath, Just hasent been the same since and has progressivly been getting worse despite my attempts at becoming a world class swimmer in the APU campus pool. So I'm pretty nervous since everyone has been guessing at what's wrong and the Doc. is about 70% sure its this one thing. So a tad bit exploratory / diagnostic as well. But thats fine.. I can spend the next month or two recovering from surgery, or just doing the same limiting crap I've been doing. So this is a good thing (at least I'm trying to convince myself that). Wish me luck, I'm kinda just going for it, hoping for the best.

Sooo with a few days off work this week I should be able to catch up on sewing projects - a few Frame bags, and a Poggie design that has been revolving around my brain for wayyy tooo long now. Need to get it out.. here are the raw materials along with my old one.

1 comment:

Sacred Rivers said...

Your new logo pics look sweet! :)

Glad your surgery went ok.
Sending you hugs and lots of love. :)